The good news is you know you have a serious problem. You know that you have mold and you know this you need to get rid of it NOW. You are not letting that water spot in your ceiling go ignored or the weird smell in your basement waft up the stairs. You are smart. You know that you need to call someone to fix your problem as soon as possible. Or you know now.
The first thing you need to do is call a profession. They will be able to search your home and not only remove the mold but also remove that source. Chances are you have a serious leak somewhere in your home causing water damage. Water damage leads to mold and mildew. As if the sagging ceiling is not ugly enough, now you have to worry about all of the health effects that coincide with water damage. Anywhere in your house where you may have had water damage or water damage repair, you will also need to look into mildew removal and mold remediation. Look for visible mold growth (may appear cottony, velvety, granular, or leathery and have varied colors of white, gray, brown, black, yellow, green). Mold often appears as discoloration, staining, or fuzzy growth on the surface of building materials or furnishings. Look for signs of excess moisture or water damage mold. Variations of health symptoms that may occur include coughing, wheezing, nasal and throat conditions. People with asthma or allergies who are sensitive to mold may notice their symptoms worsen. Individuals with a severely weakened immune system who are exposed to moldy environments are at risk of developing serious fungal respiratory infections.
Still considering just painting over that stain? I don’t think so! Call your local water damage services now!